Under new laws that came into effect in May 2018, we need to provide you with certain details concerning how your personal data will be used and protected.
Clevedon Cricket Club take the protection of the data we hold about you as a member seriously and are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect and how we comply with the law on data protection, what your rights are.
Purposes for which we process personal data
The club will process the personal data for:
- Administering bookings and attendance at sessions
- Dealing with medical needs/specific requirements
- Supporting the delivery of cricket sessions
- For training and competition entry
- Reporting of participation and any incidents and of figures and trends (including equality and inclusion information)
- For quality and improvement monitoring
Names of data controller - Clevedon Cricket Club
Categories of personal data we collect:
• Name and date of birth
• Contact details
• Medical/specific requirements information
• Disability information
• Emergency contact details
• Sporting experience information
• Video/Photography agreement
• Participation agreement
Our sources of the personal data We obtain personal data from:
• The parent/legal guardian registering a child to join the club
• Club coaches and junior co-ordinator
• Medical practitioners
• Play cricket database
Automated decisions we may take None
Version 1 updated Feb 2019
Who we will disclose your personal data to?
Coaches and junior co-ordinators for administrating training sessions
Volunteers who work at cricket clubs/venues to support the delivery of sessions.
The County Cricket Board that supports the local Cricket Club whose programmes you have registered for.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is:
• for administration and programme delivery: that it is necessary to fulfil the contract that you are going to enter into or have entered into with us
• for dealing with medical needs: that you have given your explicit consent or in the child’s vital interests.
• in all other cases: that it is necessary for our legitimate interests which are to build a programme to encourage participation in cricket and does not prejudice or harm rights and freedoms of parents / guardians or the children that join the programme.
Your right to withdraw consent Where you have given your consent to any processing of personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. If you do, it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing for which we had consent prior to your withdrawing it.
How long we will keep your personal data for:
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is reasonable and necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We shall retain your personal data for such time as you are registered with Clevedon Cricket Club as a member.
One year after you cease to be a member of Clevedon Cricket Club or play an active part in Clevedon Cricket Club, we shall delete your data.
Your rights in respect of your personal data
You have the right of access to your personal data and, in some cases, to require
us to restrict, erase or rectify it or to object to our processing it, and the right of data
Our contact details Mail: Esmond Grove Clevedon North Somerset BS21 7HP. Email. email@example.com
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we are handling your data, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the named person at the club. You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.